Peace be upon you,

How are you guys doing? I hope that everyone is having a good time. Just a quick update for this blog.
I am now on the general practice (GP) rotation. I started with GP, then after this I'll have medicine and surgery follow by psychiatric, paediatrics and finally obstetric and gynecology (OnG).

Each of this rotation is only about 6 weeks long and we only have the weekend of the last rotation as a break before changing to another rotation. Great isn't it? :)
That is medicine anyway



As some of you might have noticed, I stay in a quite luxury hotel in a town called Drogheda which is approximately about 1 hour drive from dublin. This small town had a very unique history of its own.

During the great famine in Ireland, the people from the islamic republic of turkey which at that time is under the ottoman empire had sent ships full with foods in order to help the irish in this town. Today, the local in this town commemorate this by having a black square plate embedded to the front wall in one of the famous bar in the city to thanks the turks at that time.

I'll put the picture later on because I haven't take the picture of that plate yet. I read somewhere earlier about this and finally I can see the proof on my own. I heard that it is the same case when they had their football team using the 'crescent and stars' as the emblem.

However, i am left to wonde whether this is true or not because apparently there is a writing from local newspaper who said those claim are actually a myth and it never happens. All are myths.?? Why is there a plate to tell about this if all are myths? Maybe someone tried to hide something maybe.


So, I think that's it for now. I'm going back there again today. 2 more weeks to enjoy this rotation. Insyallah I'll try to do the quick update as frequent as I can. Really don't want to let this blog into hiatus.
At the same time, please make du'a for me and all of us so that Allah will make it ease for us to continue our journey.

See you guys again.

Wassalam.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3